Friday, April 07, 2006

My Interest in Writing, Part 2

August 12, 2005


So, after elementary school, then what?

Well, my seventh grade teacher made us write stories and write in a journal. I loved the journal part (used to do it in elementary school). Other than that I don’t remember writing much.
Eight grade was a different story, most likely because we had a minatory study hall and I had nothing to do. My friends and I would write stories. Mine were all cheesy girl stories, though I loved them. I have searched for these, but can’t find them.
I wrote free verse poetry in ninth and tenth grades. I placed them in a notebook with the title “Poems of the Heart.” Below are a few of my entries:

I will always be a ragdoll;
tossing here, tossing there, tossing everywhere;
no one cares for me or even looks at me;
tossing, turning, turning circles;
landing on my head, feet, or butt;
tossing forward and back;
to and foe;
Always to be like a
ragdoll

#

I am water in a glass bottle;
standing still, waving up and down;
sometimes I’m going to spill out my feelings;
but then someone puts a cork in the bottle;
and I’m stuck in there forever.

#

I am a like a little, lonely kitten.
I wonder the streets by night.
And sleep by days.
One day I came to a fence and I
Saw six other kittens playing together.
Man, I wished I could play with
Them, but that –that fence was just
Too tall to jump over.
So all I could do was sit and watch.
I wasn’t sure if that fence was
Keeping me out or them in.
But I don’t care ‘cause
I wanted to be on the other
Even if that fence was keeping
Them in.
But all I could do was
Sit and watch.

#

The sea
How did it get there, I was once
asked.
And this is how I answered.
You ask me about that sea,
how it got there.
Well, it took a lot of time
a very long time, but now it is finally done.
That sea right there is part
of me.
All the tears from my eyes
made that sea that you see.
The tears came from hurt
a lot of hurt.
And that is how that sea
got there.

#

Some say love is an eagle,
Others say it’s a rose,
Some others say it’s the sunshine;
But who really knows.
To me love is neither of these.
Love is heartbreak, pain, and sorrow.
Why do people love?
Don’t they know it will only bring them hardships?
If they do, why do the risk their hearts?
What is so special about love, anyway?
Love..heartache, pain, and sorrow.


I also wrote a few stories while in these grades. I had dreams of being an author (though not a poet). One of the stories that I worked on, and gave it two re-writes was “Servant Girl Ann.”

“Servant Girl Ann” (3rd version, with the going to be made corrections.)

Far, far away there lived a servant girl named Ann. Ann had long, thick, black hair that was as black as a dark night with no stars and moon. Her eyes were bluer than the bluest sea. Ann was so beautiful it was hard to believe that she was a servant girl. In a matter of fact, one quick glance at her and one would be in love.

Ann was liked by all the guys, but she was only interested in a guy named Charles. Charles was a very handsome prince. Now, Ann knew that she couldn’t love a prince, for it was against the law of the king. Charles has to marry a princess, not a servant girl.

Charles was tall with dark, black hair, and puppy brown eyes. A lot of ladies loved Charles. Whenever he had a ball to find a lady that he could love, princess came from far to near with hopes that he would fall in love with her. Ann wished to go, but again it was against the law of the king and if she did go, she would be put to death.

Once a week she worked in the palace. Her boss owed the king money, so she had to work for the king to help pay for their debt. That is how she meet Charles. When Charles first saw her, he fell in love with her, because he thought she was a princess. When he found out that she was a servant, he became very sad.

Charles’s sister, Treasa, couldn’t stand Ann, because she was prettier than her. One day Treasa yelled, “You’re supposed to be ulgy like a rotten, dirtty servant girl, not as pretty as princess!” Then she messed up Ann’s hair and throw things at her. Now, Ann didn’t do nothing for she was a servant and she had to put up with it.

Charles over heard all of this going on and he yelled, “Treasa! Quit this! Don’t you do enough to this servant girl?! She does more things for you in one day than all your servants do for you in a week!”

Charles took Anna and helped her get her long, black hair back in order. He told Ann that he was sorry about Treasa and without thinking, gave Ann a kiss. This was unusual for a prince and Ann didn’t know what to do. If anyone had seen them kissing, Charles would have been in trouble and Ann put to death. Charles realized what he had done and told Ann that he was sorry. Ann was so shocked that all she could do was smile.

Charles went to talk to his father, King James the fourth. Charles asked him, “Dad, lets say that I really loved a beautiful girl that wasn’t royalty and I told you that I wanted to marry here, what would do about it?”

King James the forth answered him by saying, “Now, son you know that you can’t marry any girl, if she’s not a princess. You can’t put shame to the family name. But, I suppose if you really want to marry her you can.”

“Thank-you, Dad, thank-you!” exclamed Charles.

King James the fourth then said, “If you wish not to be a part of this family.”

Charles budged in before his father could finish what he was saying. Charles was upset with his father, because he loved Ann very much. Charles said to his father, “I wish to have the servant girl Ann to serve me instead of Treasa. Treasa is much to mean. She throws things at her and yells at her all the time. Ann does more tings for Treasa than her other servants do for her in a week.”

King James answered, “This servant girl Ann, is she the one you wish to marry?”

“No, no, sir,” lied Charles to his father.

“Than it is done, Ann shall serve under you. Send your sister, so that she me know.”

Wednessday came, the day that Ann comes to the palace. When she came in the huge door, Charles was there to meet her. He told Ann, “Servant girl Ann, you are to work for me know, not Treasa.”

Ann questioned Charles, “Why, sir?”

“Because, Treasa was much to hard on you.”

Charles handed Ann a list of things to do. Ann read it and it said: change and make the bed; dust my room; polish my crown and sward; wash, dry, and then put away my clothes; vacuum my floor; and empty the trash. Ann looked up and asked Charles, “Sir, when do you wish me to be done?”

Charles smiled and answered, “By the end of the day.” Ann was shocked for if it was Treasa, she would have to have this all done in two hours sharp.

“Thank-you, sir, thank-you! You are so kind, sir!” exlamed Ann and then hurried off to go to work.

First, Ann washed the clothes and then put them out to dry. Then, she took out the trash and dusted around the room. Ann than went to go change and make the bed. She took the sheets and the blanket down to the basement to wash, even though she did not have to. Ann was done with this by 12:30 and she went to the kitchen to get some lunch. After lunch, Ann went to polish Charles’s crown and sword. By the time she was done with all of that, Charles’s clothes, the sheets, and the blankets were dry, so Ann took them up to his room to put them all away. After all of her work was done, she asked a servant boy where Charles was and he told her that he was at the pool.

Ann went to the pool building to find Charles. When she walked in, he was swimming. Ann walked to the edge of the pool and Charles swam up to her. When he got there she told him, “I did everything you told me to do, sir, and I even washed the sheets and blankets off your bed.”

Charles jumped out of the pool and said, “Good, Ann, let’s go see how you did.”

The two of them went to the palace. Charles looked at everything that Ann had done then he looked at her and said, “You have done a wonderful job.” Treasa never told Ann that, even though she had worked hard to please her. “When do you have to be home?” finished Charles as he inrtupted her thoughts.

“Before dark,” Ann answered.

“Do you want to go for a swim? If you do put this on at the pool in the changing room.”

Charles and Ann went back to the pool. They had a lot of fun swimming and goofing around together. Ann was enjoying herself, but yet she wondered what was going on, for she wasn’t supposed to be having fun. She even thought that Charles loved her, because of the kiss, her working for him, and now thier swimming together.

Two months had passed and spring had came. Charles and Ann were coming closer together. One day they snock out to go for a horse ride through the woods. The woods were so beautiful! Big, green leaved trees tat reached for the bright, blue sky. There was green, carpet-looking grass under the horses’ hooves with yellow, white, and purple wildflowers spread about. The sunrays were shinning through the branches and it looked like a fairytale. They also heard the many cheerful song birds singing thier own song.

After awhile, Charles and Ann got off thier horses and walked hand-in-hand for awhile. When they got back from walking, Charles took Ann in his strong arms and gave her a kiss. Charles realized what he had done and what been going on and he told Ann that he was sorry for the kiss and everything that had been gong on. Really, Charles had been enjoying himself, but he cared too much for Ann to get her in trouble. Ann said that it was o.k. The Charles told Ann, “Next week you will have to do more work, like you’re supposed to do, servant girl.”

And replied, “Yes, sir, of course, sir.”

Ann went home and talked to her mother. She told her mother, “Mom why do I have to a servant girl? I love Charles and I thought that he loved me. He has kissed me two times, saved me from Treasa, asked me to go swimming with him, and we ride horses and talk to each other. It’s not fair.”

Ann’s mother told her, “I have a secret for you, Annea. You are a princess. Your father came to us and gave you to us so that you might live. The next day your family was killed.”

“You mean that you’re not my mother and father? I’m not a servant girl? I’m a princess?”

“Yes, dear, that’s right.”

“How can I prove that?”

“I’m not sure.”

When Wednessday came, Ann was really happy. When she got to the palace, she went to see King James the fourth. “Your hiness, I have some news to tell you. My father, King Michael the sixth, and my mother, Queen Annea Louise, was threated by a wicked king and his black knight. They and myself were going to be killed. Since, I was their only child, my father brought me to my new parents so that I might live. The next day they were killed. My real name is Annea, after my mother’s name, but it was shortened to Ann,” Annea bravely told the king. Then King James called Annea a lier and brought in the guards to take her away.

Charles over heard what happened and rushed to see his father. “How could you do that. Maybe she is a princess. You know what happened to King Michael and Queen Annea Louise. You also know that there was a daughter missing, because the body was not there with it’s parents. I have heard you talking about it and you even said that you would like to find the daughter. And now you do this? Please, Father, give her the test and let’s find out,” begged Charles.

“If it be you wish, son.”

That day the king’s servants brought all the mattresses that they could find. Then, they put one down and put a small, fresh green pea on it. After that, they stacked the rest on top of each other. When night came, Annea had to crawl all the way up to the top that reached about 60 to 65 feet in the air. Annea was not told about the pea, but she never liked peas. All night she tossed and turned and she thought that she would be a reck by morning. The night passes so slow for Annea that it seemed that it had been two days.

In the morning the sun was shinning bright and Annea climbed back down to find out what was the purpose of all of that. King James the fourth asked her, “Annea did you get any sleep?” It was kind of a dumb question, because just by looking at her one could tell that she hadn’t.

“No, your hiness, I didn’t. I had the worst night in my life,” Annea told the king.

Charles ran up to her, grabbed her in his arms, kissed her, and then he told her, “Wonderful, Annea!”

King James told Annea, “You are truly a princess and you may marry my son, Charles. I have looking for you for a long time. I don’t know what your mother told you, but your father and I were close friends. Two years after my son, Charles, was born, you were born and your father and I agreed to have you two married. Charles didn’t even know about that. I’m sorry that I ever doubted your story.”

Charles and Annea had a great big wedding. The people were happy to see their last king’s missing daughter. Treasa even became close friends with Annea and told her that she was sorry for being so hard on her. Annea’s mother and father got to live in the palace, for taking care of her. Probably the only people that were not happy for them were the other princess, because they wanted him to marry herself. Charles and Annea lived a long and happy life together. True love is truely wonderful.

(I typed this out as it appeared on the sheets of paper that I found a few months ago.)


During the last two years of high school I didn’t really write anything. So, what has re-kindled my interest? Come back and read part 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker