Friday, April 07, 2006

TriMo

September 2, 2005


Yesterday, myself and 15 others from the NoteBored started to write novels. November is National Novel Writers Month, but some of us were not too sure about writing a novel (50,000 words or more in a month), so based on someone’s suggestion we are holding our own TriMo. Twelve writers are trying to write a novel in three months (thus TriMo). We wanted more time to be able to accomplish such a feet, plus we wanted something that was a little more planned out and better written than something in one month would be. In order to write 50,000 words in three months we have to write 556 words a day. We even had four writers who joined in on TriMo, but they are actually going to try to write a novel in two months, so that they can join the November National Novel Writers Month. Those four will have to write 834 words a day to reach 50,000.

After my little one was down for the night, I started my story. I typed out 859 words. I should have kept going, since my husband arrived home an hour late from work. His store needs more helpers, but the big corporation won’t give them more hours; so things ran late last night. I am writing a story that has been in my head for awhile, but I really struggled last night. See I only know the middle through the end of the story. I was having trouble with the beginning.

I have a story titled “Aftermath of War” that needs one more polish and then I’m going to send it out for publication. It will be the first thing that I have ever sent out. I do hope that I can find a home for it. The only thing I’m waiting for is a critique from one of my friends and then one from my husband. Then I’ll give it the polish and send it out. I’m still not sure where at the moment.

I have started polishing another story, one that I had written for Liberty Hall’s flash challenges. The NoteBored has a Polished Stories Challenge, so I’m preparing this story for that challenge to get feed back. That is what I did for “Aftermath of War.” I took the critiques from the rough draft, polished the story, and submitted it to the Polished Stories Challenge to see if anything else needed to be fixed. There were some minor things. I am hoping to send “A Mother’s Love,” the story I’m polishing now, into the same place that accepts “Aftermath of War.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker