Friday, April 07, 2006

Administrator

November 14, 2005

After joining “The NoteBored” on April 21, 2005, I was asked about three to four months ago to be a moderator there. It is nice to have a little place in cyberspace that I fit in at. Being a moderator meant that I helped to set up and run the various writing challenges the board has as well as read the other posts throughout the board. This writing board is a little unusually because it allows children to join and we encourage them to write stories and submit them for comment. I think the youngest we have is an 11 year old. Because of the children (and that the owner is a Christian) we try to keep the site safe.

Last Friday I was asked if I would be interested in a much higher honor—to be added to the list of administrators. I like being a help to my fellow writers, so I asked what it would entailed because I don’t want to be a hindrance. (I’m not a computer genius.) After finding out that I will have access to fix the little things which I already notice needs fixing, I said sure. So, now I am an administrator of “The NoteBored.” As being such, I get to see all the control panels and let’s just say I’m not touching until someone guides me through them.

If you are a writer, a want-to-be-writer, or would like to read and comment on stories of other want-to-be-writers please stop by and take a look. I promise there is no charge. However, in order to read the stories you will have to sign-up and get a user name. But there are no catches. We have people who sign in and just read, and that’s fine. The site is not open to public so as to protect the writer’s writes. If the site was public than we would not be able to submit our works to publishers because many would considered them published already.

You are not too young or too old to join in. Hope to see you around there sometime. My user name there is “Joy.”

"The NoteBored"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker