Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My First Photo Submission

Ok, ok, this isn’t about writing, buy hey I submitted something.

The new Christian magazine, Haruah, is accepting photos and paintings to use for illustrations and as cover photos. I wanted to send one, so I went to my old photo books and found a couple. The first picture I went was one I took in 1992 while vacationing in the Boundary Waters of Minnesota with my family. The picture is a sunrise over a wooded island. I have always liked that picture. In fact, I took the original picture to the Winona County Fair and won a State Fair Trip with it. At the Minnesota State Fair I received a blue ribbon.

To meet their size requirements I had to crop the picture down. The magazine turned it down because it was too blurry, but they liked the picture and I was invited my one of their editors to resend it.

So, I worked on it some more and I resent the picture this morning. Though I love my picture, I don’t know if it is good enough after seeing the pictures they have just accepted to use—man are those nice.

I don’t know if it is of quality to use now or not, but I’ll let you know either way if they accept my photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker