Friday, April 21, 2006

I might get my own column!

A couple of days ago Dan received at PM (Private Message) at The NoteBored from one of the members there. She has been working with The Sword Review magazine, which is primary Christian Fantasy. However, they are starting up another magazine that will be both online and in print, called Haruah. This magazine is for Christian literature.

Anyway, Pixydust (as I know her at The NoteBored) asked Dan and me if we would be interested in writing a column for their new magazine. I wasn’t sure what to write about. Then I though about doing a column on missionary books, or books about missionaries. We asked Pixydust what she thought and she liked the idea.

I have PM’d with Pixydust back and forth and found out that a column is 500 words or less and that it will only be online, not in the print version. Since I am such a terribly slow reader and I have so many other things to do, I asked her if I could do a bi-monthly column (only post one every-other-month). She told me that would be fine.

I told her that I would write some thing up and send it to her. I told her that I wanted her to see what my style and layout is before she makes things final. I’m excited and scared about doing this. I have never done this before. I was surprised that she asked me to do it, since I’m not published. She said that she can tell that Dan and I are dedicated Christians and she knows our hearts.

So, I might have my first publication in the next month. I’ll let you know if I get officially in.

Though they are currently a non-paying market, I have a couple of stories that I plan on working on and submitting them. It is difficult to find places to submit Christian fiction stories to. In the future they plan on making this a paying market.

To see more information about this new magazine, please click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker