Sunday, April 09, 2006

Anthology of 6th Grade

March 24, 2006


I mentioned in “My Interest in Writing Part 1” about my 6th grade book having a big influence over me. Well, as I went looking through some things in the house, I found my old “Anthology of 6th Grade.” Public schools love to give out fun projects in order to teach their students. Anyway, before I start a rabbit trail on that, one of the projects we did in 6th grade was to make a “book” (a big folder) with writing pieces from every 6th grader. My “book” is half an inch thick. Well, I slimmed through it to find what I had written in 6th grade. Below is what I found in my old “Anthology of 6th Grade” book. I typed them out as I found them—no corrections were made.



“Sue’s Surprise Birthday Party”

Written December 1988

May 12th, 1986

6:45 My alarm went off.

6:50 I was up and dressed.

7:25 Ate breakfast.

7:45 Was ready for school.

8:00 Bus twenty-one came.

8:25 Was at the school ground.

8:30 The bell rang.

8:40 Mr. Kjosa wrote down who was missing.

8:50 Mr. Kjosa told us what was going to happen.

9:00 I went to my high reading group.

10:00 I went to my high math group.

11:00 The whole class went to Mrs. Hanson’s room for English.

12:00 The whole eight grade class went to lunch and lunch recess.

12:15 I thought no one remembered my birthday.

12:40 We came inside.

12:45 We went to Mr. McGuire’s class for social studies.

1:45 We went back to Mr. Kjosa’s from for science.

2:45 Had recess.

3:05 Left for home.

3:10 I got on my bus.

4:10 Got home.

4:20 Opened the door and turned on the lights.

4:22 My mom, dad, and friends jumped out and said, “Surprise!”

4:30 I opened my presents.

4:50 Had pizza and pop.

5:45 Had the birthday cake and ice cream.

6:10 Played games.

6:15 I thought I was a lucky person.

7:25 Put all the games away.

7:35 Watched a movie.

9:35 The movie ended.

10:00 Got ready for bed.

10:30 All ten of us were in bed.

11:30 We were all asleep.

6:45 a.m. My alarm clock went off, bet we reset it.

9:30 The alarm clock went off again. This time we got up.

10:00 We were all dressed.

10:30 Ate breakfast.

11:10 We just played around and had fun.

4:30 p.m. My mom and I took all then of the kids home.



Sue is thirteen years old. She has black hair. On the back of her head she has a ponytail. Her skin is tannish-white. Sue’s eyes are blue as the bright blue sky.


#

We had to write comparisons in January 1989 mine was….The soft snow looks like the foam on the ocean.


#

“How Butterflies Got Colorful Wings”

Written in February 1989



A long time ago butterflies wings were very dull. The only color on their wings was gray. The people didn’t like the butterflies, because of their dull gray wings. Years passed by and the butterflies’ wings were still gray, but the older ones were getting some black on them.

One day Dr. Theodore Bunch was painting his house. While he was painting, some paint fell on a butterfly. The paint stayed on the butterfly. The butterfly loved it because it looked lovely. It went to show the others. The others followed the butterfly that was pretty.

They flew right in t pails of paint. Some went in the yellow, black, white, and orange. When they were done all the butterflies looked very lovely. The people of the small town took pictures of them and everyone loved the colors of the butterflies, thanks to Dr. Theodore Bunch painting his house.


#

Different Poems I wrote in April 1989



Calico cat

had a kitten

so, --

so

tiny, bitty, and

helpless.

tried to make it

nurse, but wouldn’t.

mother rubbed her

little,

helpless kitten.

I cried, wept, and

sobbed.

No more to be.


*

There once was a dumb cat.

He was so very, very fat.

Then sat on a tack,

He had a heart attack.

The cat turned into a mat.

*

Turkeys,

wild and free,

running, eating, sleeping.

They are beautiful animals.

Gobble.

*

The Hare Convention

looks like giant snowballs, freezing

in the cold climate.


#


You know how teachers like to make field trips to be school work? Well, during the trip we had to sit down some where and write what we saw, heard, and felt. This is what I wrote…..



Birds are flying around the creek. They fly up, down, and sideways while the creek flows swiftly downstream. I hear the sounds of running water going over rocks and logs. In some places it’s calm, then it goes faster. Green moss is growing on rocks. The water is cool. Up on the hill are a lot of trees, flowers, bushes, and rocks. I also hear birds chirping happily. Rocks are all over the creek, big ones and little ones. In some places you can see the bottom. On the bottom there are rocks, twigs, mud, little plants, leaves, and sand.

I like to have a lesson in nature. It was lots of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker