Saturday, April 08, 2006

But at Amazon? Support writers!

March 7, 2006

I know everyone out there is asking for your money. The money you work hard to get. Don’t you just hate it when the phone rings and you drop everything to see who it is, just to find a telemarketer on the phone wanting you to buy something or donate your hard earned money to some organization? Well, I know I sure do. I mean if you wanted what they had, you would call them. Right? At my home we never give money over the phone or buy something.

Do you ever get tried of radio or TV stations asking you to donate your money so they can continue to stay on the air? I know I do. At least this one is a little better then those rotten phone people, because if you hear the consistent cry for donations that means that you are already using their service. Though I don’t like to hear all the talk, I would be more willing to donate money to something I’m already using.

All that said let me ask you, if you could support a cause by just buying things you are going to buy anyway, then would you? As many of you know I am an administrator at the writing site, “The NoteBored.” This site is open to the young as well as the old and for the new writer as well as the established. Though the site’s owner very graciously pays the bills for the web space we are using, there are still bills to pay. We even have a few contests where the winners take home a prize. Amazon.com has a system of donating money to certain sites and we have become one of them.

So, if you already shop at www.amazon.com, would you please go to www.notebored.com, scroll down to the black, white, and orange Amazon box, and make your purchases through our index page. Amazon donates a little percentage of all orders made from them though our index site to The NoteBored. The money earned would go to help paying for the web space and the prizes. Also, we plan to start our own magazine in 2007 and the donated money would go to help paying authors whose stories are published. If you are going to shop at Amazon anyway, wouldn’t you be so kind as to help some writers? We give you our greatest thanks in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker