Thursday, July 12, 2007

Rejected by Clockwise Cat

On July 6, I sent out “A Mother’s Love” to Clockwise Cat. I didn’t think it was a great fit, but sometimes you just don’t know until you try and they were going to be closing their submission time shortly.

If you recall, “A Mother’s Love” was published in the 11th issue of Haruah and in the 1st issue of Turn the Page. I decided to see if anyone else would be interested in this little flash piece.

I got my answer on July 9, only 3 days later.

[quote]
Hi Joy,

I am sorry to report that we are passing on your piece, "A Mother's Love." Though well-written, the story does not fit the tenor of Clockwise Cat. Perhaps in the future you will have a submission more suitable to the publication's style.

Thanks,
Alison Ross
Editor, Clockwise Cat
[end quote]

Well, at least a got a personal rejection and an upbeat one at that. Well, worth three days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker