Tuesday, May 08, 2007

19th Rejection for "Home and Home Again"

Update total rejections for “Home and Home Again”:

Happy-11 days
Haruah-12 days
Gambara-126 days (but made final reading)
The King’s English-25 days
Plunge-111 days
Bewildering Stories-2 days (after re-write request)
The Pedestal-28 days
Literary Mama-64 days
Four Volts-8 days
Front Porch Journal-59 days
Euphony-59 days
Eclectica Magazine-23 days
GUD-4 days
Fiction Warehouse-20 days
42Opus-76 days
Armada Quarterly-92 days (letter received-magazine closed)
Dicey Brown-163 days (assumed rejection-magazine seems to be down)

On May 2nd I got a 44 day rejection from Whistling Shade:

[quote]
Hi Joy - our editors didn't select "Home and Home Again" for Whistling Shade, but thanks for considering us.

Kind regards,
Joel Van Valin
Whistling Shade
[end quote]

Yesterday I just got a 59 day rejection from Avery Anthology:

[quote]
Hi Joy, Thanks so much for letting us read your work. Unfortunately, we can't find a place for it in Avery. We wish you the best of luck as you continue to find a place for your stories, and we hope that you’ll consider us in the future.

Sincerely,
Stephanie, Adam, and Andrew
[end quote]

This story is as of right now, only out to one place – Xelas. It has been there for180 days. Over a month ago I got word from them that my story is still in consideration. Now what I don’t know is if that means that someone has read it and passed it on or if no one has had time and it is still sitting in the slush pile.

I’m going to find some more places to send this out. Or maybe I need to workshop it again and get some fresh eyes to read it. When I first started to send this story out, I got positive feedback from the editors. Now, I’m just getting form letters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker