Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"Home and Home Again" still being considered by Xelas

On November 9, 2006 I sent my story, “Home and Home Again” out to Xelas Magazine. They have an average wait time of 74 days and authors can inquiry after 90 days.

After 90 days, I think it was over 100, I send an inquiry email. I sent it on Februaray 14th.

I didn’t hear back from them. I don’t know when it is proper to inquiry again, but I sent a second one on March 19th.

Today, I finally got my answer....

[quote]
Joy,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Scheduling conflicts between the editors have caused us some problems this year at Xelas, but your story is still under consideration.”

Regards,
Jennifer Armentrout, Editor
[end quote]

So, I guess I’ll just keep waiting to see what happens. They have had my story for 138 days now.

I would really love to sell this one, as it has already received 15 or 16 rejections.

This story is still out to five other magazines. (Though one magazine has had it for 137 days and they appear to be closed....so, I’ll most likely pull it after vaction.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker