Wednesday, March 21, 2007

"Home and Home Again" treks on

On February 14th, I sent two emails of story inquiry. As of yet, I still have not heard back from them. So on March 19th I sent another one. I have now been waiting 132 days to hear from Xelas Magazine and 131 days from Dicey Brown.

The story that they have, “Home and Home Again” is still out at 42opus. They have had my story 61 days, their average response time is 68 days, and authors can inquiry after 90 days.
Armada Quarterly also has had my story. They have had it 61 days with an average response time of 74 days.

On March 9th, I sent Avery Anthology this story was well. They now have had it 12 days with an average response time of 62 days and an inquiring time of 90 days.

Whistling Shade received my story on March 19th. This magazine is published in Minneapolis, MN. I grew up near St. Charles, MN (about 1.5 hours SE from Minneapolis). Their average response time is 59 days with a 90 day inquiry time.

Not only does it take time to write a story that is publishable. It takes time to find the right fit. This story has had many positive remarks from magazine editors, but they call claim that it isn’t for them. I will keep pressing onward until I find a fit for this story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker