Thursday, February 15, 2007

Illustrating my own Story?

Well as you know, I have had my first story accepted. It is still a thrill to think about. That night, Dan mentioned about illustrating it. I told him that I had thought about it, but I didn’t know how. I have no idea where a psych ward is.

He told me to take a picture of the letter. Referring to the letter the mother wrote in my story. Thinking it a great idea, I laid their in bed thinking of the best way to do it and how to lay everything out.

The next day, I took time to write my letter out, after making some pretty stationary on the computer. I then rounded up an envelope and some coins. Waiting to add some more color to the picture, I also grabbed one of my silk red roses and a pink flower.

I then cleared the table and brought in an extra light and clicked away. By the way, I love digital cameras. I don’t have to wait to see how my pictures turned out and I can see if I have the one I want or if I need to take more.

Well, I finally chose which picture to send into Haruah to illustrate, “A Mother’s Love,” and they accepted it! I will be illustrating my very first published story.

The illustration, “A Mother’s Love Letter,” was submitted on Feb. 10, 2007 and was accepted two days later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker