Monday, October 23, 2006

Rejected by Gambara

Well, I just heard back from Gambara Magazine. After waiting nearly three weeks, instead of two, this is what I received:

[quote]
Thank you for your interest in Gambara. We ultimately decided to pass on this manuscript during our second round of deliberations, but that's not to say we wouldn't welcome another submission from you in the future. You may submit by snail mail, or by email once more after February 1, 2007.
[end quote]

Though I kept telling myself that it would be rejected, I really hoped that it would be accepted. So, besides my column, I still have no published writing.

Writing does take patience and thick skin. It took Gambara 124 days to reject this story (“Aftermath of War”).

I still have it’s rewrite out there (“Home and Home Again”) to Literary Magazine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker