Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Another photo accepted.

I have another photo accepted at Haruah. I love sending photos to this magazine, for they make it so very easy.

Once you are a member (free-membership) there are buttons to click and led you to stories that have been accepted. The editors place a few lines of the stories there so artists and photographers can take a look to see if we want to illustrate a story or two.

I look over these about once or twice a month (sometimes more). I found two that I was interested in the last time that I looked. One because I had an idea, if a friend would help me out. The other because it was Leaf’s story. Leaf is on of the writers at The NoteBored and at Liberty Hall. Since I “know” him, I wanted to illustrate his story.

I had an idea from what I read, but not knowing if I could get a suitable picture from the few lines I read, I asked to see the whole story. The editor, Rachel A. Marks, sent me the link and I read the story. It’s a very good story by the way, so don’t miss it. Though I really wanted to illustrate it for S. E. Markey (Leaf), I really couldn’t. But while taking to Deanna (the owner of The NoteBored), she says that she has one, so I encouraged her to submit it.

So, to the picture I did take, submit, and that was accepted. It is going to illustrate the story, “The Lone Violin.” I borrowed a violin from a church friend and set up to take my pictures. I used my eat in living room and set my table up nice. I placed the flower arrangement that I had made on the table and located the violin in front of the flowers and between the two place settings. Then when I set up to take the shot, I realized the that window blinds were in the background, so I had to rearrange the room and the table.

Boy do I love these digital cameras! I took over 30 shots of that table setting, but it didn’t cost me. Nor did I have to run the film to be developed, which I don’t know if there is a place in town here that does that. And I didn’t have to wait to see if I got a picture that was usable.

My photo is titled, “Violin Solo for Two,” and I’ll let you know when it comes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker