Monday, April 16, 2007

Creating-"Silent Upon the Grave"

One of Dan’s first writing assignments at the Pender Post was at Moores Creek National Battlefield. Since then we have made more visits to this battlefield (some for Dan’s work and a few for fun).

On the second to last trip there we were coming around to the end of the paved path and I looked up and once again saw this statue with the Spanish Moss behind her. I thought it would make a nice picture and something that I could submit to Haruah.

I took several shots, but never got the one that was in my mind’s eye. I finally gave up. The digital shots were downloaded onto the computer and forgotten about.

Until I read J. M. Munsil’s poem, “Speak to Me.” I thought that this shot would be a nice picture to add to his wonderful poem.

So, I went to where the pictures are stored and found the shot that I wanted and submitted it.

I was born in South Carolina, but my family moved when I was around three. When I was around thirteen, we took a trip to the south to Disneyland and to see my brother’s and mine home town. On this trip, I fell in love with the Spanish Moss.

In truth that is what attracted me to this shot the most. The Spanish Moss behind the statue of the lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker