Monday, September 17, 2007

Getting paid for a photo!

Hahoo! I’m getting paid for a photo! My first photo payment!

I heard back from Haruah yesterday about a cover art photo that I sent them.

On the same day I sent them an illustration photo and a cover art photo. They have accepted the illustration (“Boasting Peacock”), but the formatting for the cover photo was a little off. They wanted the dragonfly to be lower down in the picture, but because of how the picture was taken, I didn’t know how.

I sent the original shot to the editor and asked him if he could tell me how to fix it – if there was way. But he sent it back to me already fixed. I resubmitted it and I waited.

I just heard yesterday that they wanted to accept it and when I started to get the contract ready to sign, I got a very pleasant surprise – I was being paid $5!

Yes, it isn’t much, but it is my first photo payment and it is very exciting.

I have now had to sales – “A Mother’s Love” a fiction flash piece and “Blue Dragonfly” a photo; and both of them to Haruah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker