Friday, January 23, 2009

Sandlapper's Nice Rejection

Awhile ago, I told you about Sandlapper’s nice rejection letter. Well, here it is;

[begin quote]
Dear Joy:

Elaine Gillespie, Sandlapper’s design consultant, really liked your photos (particularly the albino peacock) and would like to encourage you to submit more for future consideration. As I may have said previously, Ms. Gillespie and Bob Wilkins, Sandlapper’s editor emeritus, are interested in showing more action on our covers and endpapers, so if you have any vertical of people working and playing in South Carolina, send them on. (We get our share of lighthouses, waterfalls, shorebirds, wildflowers, and beach sunsets.)

{Here she placed the deadlines for photos.}

We look forward to seeing more of your work, and appreciate your interest in us. Happy New Year!

Sincerely,
Adia Rogers
[end quote]

Then at the end of the letter she had wrote:

[begin quote]
P.S. Your package was damaged when it arrived – I think it got wet somehow – but we were able to access the CD.
[end quote]

See, I told you it was a very nice rejection and this is from a whole lot bigger magazine than Haruah. Ms. Rogers and I did quite a bit of corresponding back and forth before I got my photos sent in and I don’t recall her saying anything about action shots of people. Right now the computer that has these shots is crashed; but I don’t think I have what she is looking for.

I guess I’ll have to take another trip down to South Carolina. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker