Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Second Submitted Story, first paying one

I was all bouncy yesterday morning. It was hard to stand still. I was so excited and I just wanted to bounce. You see, I mailed out my second story submission yesterday morning. I finally got “Aftermath of War” out in the mail. I sent it to a biyearly magazine called Happy. This magazine pays $.01-$.05 a word and they claim they have a week response time. So, I should know within a week of them receiving it, if they are going to accept it or not—most likely not. And their address is New York, New York, so it should only take a day or two in the mail to get there. This is the first paying market I have submitted to.

When it comes back as rejected, I think I’ll send it to BigNews next. I’m not really sure if it fits there, but they claim to have a two week response time and they pay. They are also based in New York City.

Then, The Literary Magazine, because they take email submissions.

Then, I’ll try The Pedestal Magazine, which claims to take 4-6 weeks to respond.

I will have to do more market search, which is a very time consuming thing, after this list. I have some leads, but I haven’t decided on any of them yet.

I’ll let you know what Happy says when I find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker